Christmas is always a season when anxiety hits. It is a stressful time, especially when you not only have to think of gifts for your family, but also help your child think of a unique Christmas present for their teacher. This can be very difficult, since students generally get their favorite teacher the same thing each year. Below is a list of tips on how to move away from the cliché, and try something unique!
1. Although food baskets are often cliché, coffee and tea baskets would work wonders. These baskets can be very unique since they can be personalized. You can pick your favorite flavors, a cute mug, and perhaps a few gift certificates. It is perfect for someone when you do not know what their favorite tastes are. Most places like Starbucks or a gourmet shop offers similar packages.
2. Chocolate gifts have always been a favorite present. It has been a fact for centuries that chocolate is one thing that everyone loves. From chocolate Santa’s to gourmet candy, sweet gift ideas are always a winner. If you have trouble finding a local shop, it is easy to find a distinctive chocolate gift store online. Many online stores now make special customized orders which allow you to personalize the chocolate gifts that they are sending. The best part to this gift is that everything is already done for you! Chocolate delivery is the finest way to go, since the only thing left to do is give it away!
3. Teachers absolutely love to read. Gift ideas can include new best selling novels from Border’s and perhaps even a subscription to a teacher’s magazine. It would be very beneficial to their career and they’ll appreciate it. It’s a unique way to score brownie points with any educator!
4. Popcorn and movie theatre tickets are other interesting gift ideas. Teachers are constantly on the go, so it is important that they have some relaxation time. Adding some microwave or gourmet popcorn with movie tickets would be a great treat, especially since movies are so expensive now.
5. Donate money to an animal or homeless shelter under the teacher’s name. This is definitely a thoughtful gift during the generous season.
6. There are many #1 teacher gifts. Anything from a #1 teacher shirt to a mug are perfect gift ideas. If it is a mug, you could fill it with chocolate or their favorite candy. After all, any gift with chocolate will bring a smile to their face.
7. Buy supplies or a special project for the class. For instance, if you know that the class is going to do be doing a lesson on marine life, you could purchase a fish tank with frogs or fish for the entire class. This will not only make the teacher happy, but it will excite the class as well!
8. Purchase a large poster board and have your child’s entire class decorate it. The students can each sign their name and draw something special for their teacher. This is a great gift idea because it is not only thoughtful, but it also incorporates the entire class.