In case you are one of those who always want to improve their work efficiency, then a reading speed test is a must for you. The reason why I say a test but not a course is that in order to work on your speed, it is important to know where you need to work on, in other words analyze your reading level which only a good reading test can do. Once you know where you are falling short, the next step is to choose a speeding reading course and stress on the areas you need to work on.
Talking off speed reading tests, let me give you some tips on how to get more accurate estimation on your actual reading speed from such tests. Well, itís easy; there are a few simple Dos and Doníts that you need to follow.
- Relax yourself, be calm when you read
- Concentrate during the test, and avoid any distraction
- Make sure you understand what you read during the test
- Choose reading speed test which contains no difficult words in the text passage
- Do not try to push yourself hard to read fast, just read in the way you normally read
- In case you get stuck at some word, do not stop, but continue reading. Even if you donít know a particular word, reading the entire sentence will help you understand what the word means.
To save your time of looking for good tests, here is a free reading speed test which can be finished in 2 minutes for measuring your actual reading speed. Remember to follow the dos and doníts mentioned above to make it if not ace it!